There are many ways that social media outlets help people stay in touch, express their views, and keep informed. If preventing elder abuse is your passion, then keep updated with the NCEA via social media:
“Like” the National Center on Elder Abuse on Facebook to find the latest resources, news and upcoming events related to elder justice.
Follow @NCEAatUSC on Twitter to discover inside information on the latest research and updates and participate in our Twitter Chats on elder abuse topics.
#NCEAnow Twitter Chats
Every month, the NCEA, in collaboration with Ageless Alliance, hosts a live discussion on Twitter about an elder abuse/elder justice topic. These chats promote open discourse on topics related to elder abuse and elder justice and feature experts in the field as special guests. The chats take place every third Thursday of the month from 11:00am-12:00pm PST/2:00-3:00pm EST. If you are on Twitter and would like to participate, here’s how:
- At the time of the chat, go to www.tweetchat.com
- Search the hashtag #NCEAnow
- Log in with your Twitter account. This will take you to the chat page where you can view incoming tweets and send your own tweets to add to the discussion
Highlights from Previous #NCEAnow Twitter Chats
- 1/19/17 #NCEAnow Chat: The Multi-Disciplinary Team Technical Assistance Center
- 8/18/16 #NCEAnow Chat: Guardianship : A Solution for and Source of Abuse
- 7/21/16 #NCEAnow Chat: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day: Strategies to Further the Field
- 3/17/16 #NCEAnow Chat: Undue Influence
- 2/18/16 #NCEAnow Chat: Protecting LGBT Elders from Exploitation
- 1/28/16 #NCEAnow Chat: Adult Protective Services 101
- 11/19/15 #NCEAnow Chat: Cognitive Capacity & Elder Abuse
- 10/15/15 #NCEAnow Chat: Domestic Abuse in Later Life
- 9/17/15 #NCEAnow Chat: Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- 8/20/15 #NCEAnow Chat: How Can Gerontologists Take on Elder Abuse?